TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Below are the Pocket Design Studio standard terms and conditions for all projects.
If you have exceptions you wish to discuss, please do so at the beginning of the project otherwise your agreement at the commencement of any project where you tick the terms and conditions agreement box on all forms will constitute full and total agreement with these terms. Unless otherwise stated these policies form the basis of every/all contract/s between Pocket Design Studio and our client/s.
It is vital that you, the client, take time to read through these Terms and Conditions thoroughly and ensure that you fully understand them and their implications before you agree to commence any project with Pocket Design Studio. Please also note that from time to time we may need to alter these terms and conditions without notice. Please contact us if you do not understand any of the terms or conditions in this document.
COMMENCEMENT OF WORK
Agreement to work with, and submission of a design brief and payment of deposit to, Pocket Design Studio, constitutes agreement to these terms and conditions. All forms that clients complete have a required component at the end of the form that the client must read and agree to these terms and conditions. Please do not agree the affirmative if you have not read and understood your contractual obligation to these.
The majority of designer/client communication is normally via email which assists all parties to keep track of correspondence. All work requests must be in clear, concise writing, via email. Although Pocket Design Studio can be contacted by telephone, we will not take design instruction or changes via this method without further confirmation via e-mail. This means that "The Client" and Pocket Design Studio can look back over emails for clarification if needed.
The Client agrees to pay:
30% non-refundable deposit of the quoted amount to commence the design project.
The remaining 70% is due after sign of of final proofs, before high resolution version are sent to client or printers.
Pocket Design Studio endeavours to provide design services that meet and exceed a client's needs and expectations, but in the event of a change of mind by the client, the initial 30% deposit is forfeited and acts as a cancellation fee, plus a prorata payment based upon the time spent. The deposit is to ensure Pocket Design Studio allocates time in the schedule to create work for the client.
Construction files (unused concepts, revised files, fonts, Photoshop layered files, Adobe Illustrator files, InDesign files) remain the property of Pocket Design Studio.
The designs on the website are for illustrative purposes only. There may be slight differences in your finished design due to each item being handmade.
Samples of design
The Client agrees to supply for free, any number up to 10 of printed samples of every item produced for them by Pocket Design Studio during the course of each project.
The Client also agrees to allow Pocket Design Studio to showcase any/all work created in the course of a project as part of Pocket design Studio's portfolio, including unused concepts. Pocket Design Studio acknowledges the confidential nature of projects and agrees to only display project work once product/site has been publicly launched/commenced.
SIGN OFF AND SUPPLY OF
While Pocket Design Studio takes all care to avoid errors, we accept no responsibility for typographical errors, spelling mistakes, or incorrect information on any project committed to print or production. The client should proof read and approve all final copy before the production of artwork. The email verification of the Client’s Representative shall be conclusive as to the approval of all artwork prior to their release for printing, implementation or installation. No refunds or reprints are given after a final approved design has gone to print if mistakes are made due to oversights by the client's proof reading.
All of our artwork will be sent digitally. We do not use USB drives, CDs or DVD's to send artwork unless supplied by client.
PRINTING - RETURNS AND REFUNDS
It is agreed that Pocket Design Studio is not responsible or held liable for any errors contained in the final product after the final product has been approved by the client, (approval may be given either verbally or in writing), committed to print or posted in view of the public. We will not be held responsible for any changes or amendment made after approval. It is the sole responsibility of the client to notify Pocket Design Studio of any such errors during the final proofing stage and before the final files have been generated.
In the event of a need to reprint due to errors in content, the client must inform Pocket Design Studio within 2 days of product acceptance, and must return the product (at the cost of the client) within 10 days of acceptance for assessment.
The payment for all re-printed projects must be prepaid prior to final artwork being sent to the printers.
VARIATIONS IN PRINT COLOUR
As with all printing there may be some colour variations in what the final product or previous orders have looked like, from what they look like on screen versions. This is due to the nature of CMYK printing and bulk-run printing system. There will be no reprints at the expense of Pocket Design Studio in this case.
Availability AND PRICING
Pocket Design Studio can only take on a certain amount of weddings in one month. A 50% deposit is needed to secure your date with the remaining 50% then required 8 weeks in advance of the wedding day.
Package prices are guaranteed until the end of Sept 2018.
Our prices are subject to change without prior notice.
Any orders placed before a price change will be charged at the amount agreed and accepted on the date the order is placed.
Every effort is made to display the prices accurately. However, on rare occasions, mistakes can occur. In this instance, Pocket Design Studio will correct the mistake and contact the customer so that they can decide whether to continue with the order at the correct price.
Price of packages includes selected paper stocks, embellishments and colours outlined here and selected designs outlined here. Different paper stocks, colours and embellishments may be available but would incur extra charges.
Bespoke packages are available, please contact us and we will create a unique package for you.
Additional item costs only apply when bought alongside a full package. For individual costs for items not bought with a package please contact us for a quote.
The designs on the website are for illustrative purposes only. There may be slight differences in your finished flower design due to each item being handmade and stationery design due to space restrictions based on any wording and information you supply.
When shipping outside of the UK, Pocket Design Studio will not be liable to pay any import/export taxes incurred.
Magnet Health and safety
Place two magnets close to each other, even small ones, and they will attract, leap towards each other with great acceleration and then slam together. It is easy to get caught out by magnets and lack of concentration is the single biggest cause of injury when handling magnets.
Children should NEVER be allowed to play with NEODYMIUM magnets. Even relatively small magnets can cause blood blisters and cuts and tiny magnets can cause serious injury if swallowed. If more than one magnet is swallowed, they can attract each other through the walls of the intestines, get stuck and pinch the digestive tract causing major swelling and even life-threatening injuries requiring surgery. Always keep all neodymium magnets out of the reach of children.
Crushing, cuts and blisters
Fingers can quickly become caught between magnets causing blood blisters or cuts. Always handle with care.
Always keep a safe distance (at least 10cm) between magnets and all objects that can be damaged by magnetism and remember, neodymium magnets are ten times stronger than ‘ordinary’ magnets! Items such as mechanical watches, heart pacemakers, CRT monitors and televisions, credit cards, diskettes and other magnetically stored media such as video tapes are all affected by powerful magnets.
It is five times easier to slide a magnet from a ferrous surface than pull it off vertically. Small magnets can usually be separated by hand by sliding one from the other using a sideways motion. If you are unable to do this with your hands alone then a good tactic is to place the two magnets overhanging the edge of a desk or table and slide one vertically downwards. Once separated, keep the free magnet moving away until a safe distance from the other(s) to avoid them snapping back together.
The raw materials that our magnets are made from are not detrimental to peoples’ health. However, it is important to recognise that magnets can have a dangerous effect on medical implants such as pacemakers and therefore should not be worn by people with this implant. Also, it is quite common for some people to suffer nickel allergies, usually triggered by wearing of jewellery.
All information contained in this website is intended for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Pocket Design Studio. We try to keep the information up-to-date and ensure that it is correct, however, we make no warranties of any kind concerning the accuracy, completeness, suitability, reliability, or availability of the information contained in this website, or any products, services, links, or graphics that may be found on this website. Use this information at your own risk. Pocket Design Studio will not be held liable for any loss or damage, or loss of data from your use of this website, or in connection with this website. This includes indirect or consequential loss or damage. Pocket Design Studio has no control over websites that are linked to on this website. Those third party websites are under the control of their owners, and Pocket Design Studio will not be held liable for your use of those websites. By linking to these sites, we are not endorsing or recommending any information or views expressed in the content on those sites.
On rare occasions items may cause paper cuts. Pocket Design Studio will not be held liable for any harm caused
Items are not suitable for children under the age of 3 due to small parts, unless otherwise stated.
Personal information collected by Pocket Design Studio
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorised Etsy to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order stationery, for example), if you contact me directly.
Why we need your information and how we use it
Pocket Design Studio relies on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
• We may process data about your use of our website and services (“usage data”). The usage data may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use. The source of the usage data is our analytics tracking system. This usage data may be processed for the purposes of analysing the use of the website and services. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely monitoring and improving our website and services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services. Information on these can be found here.
• Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases.These are described below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we am required to store data for legal reasons) We will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to contact Pocket Design Studio
For purposes of EU data protection law, Pocket Design Studio/Nix Findon is the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, you may mail me at:
Nix Findon, 8 Trentbridge Square, Exeter Ex2 5UE